Friday, May 9, 2008

Training Continues

Hello again everyone,
Things are coming along nicely, with a few little glitches here and there.

Already learning some lessons and modifying the approach.

The 1st Sunday night training session at Alvin First Assembly went well. There were about 30 people in attendance. About 18 of them signed up for hands on assignments and we have already had one person volunteer to help with the database and paper flow between me and the church.

This past Tuesday, the second in the series of training events took place at Lindale Assembly. They are beginning to understand how the pieces fit together between their upcoming event and the ongoing CONNECTIONS MINISTRY. One of their members has expressed an interest in heading up the prayer effort for this new ministry!! Nothing happens without prayer cover, at least nothing good happens. (Know what I mean?)

Between these two locatiions, there are about 58 people signed up for hands on assignments. Really exciting stuff!!

Pastor Jeff and I got together this week. I gave him a prayer list of the neighborhood that he is wanting to target, so that he and his team members can begin praying over the families in that area. I am scheduled to conduct the first training session on Saturday, May 17th, at one of the apartment complexes in their area. Please pray for us.

And now, for a few glitches. I have begun working with the software and have found several bugs and problems. The software has great capabilities, but I have spent quite a bit of time with the support team trying to work out problems in the way the program works, or doesn't. Some of the problems that I am experiencing, they have never seen before. Seems to me that Satan doesn't like what we are doing! He's trying to slow us down, but he can't stop what God has already ordained to be done. Persistence and prayer are the answer.
"I can do all things thorugh Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Please continue to pray for the financial needs of all of the churches involved and our ministry. This is a large undertaking and will require quite a bit of cash to implement.

The feedback that I am receiving about the teaching sessions and the excitement about the beginning of this project is a great encouragement to me. Others are beginning to ask for information about how to become involved in different parts of town, and I am beginning to get requests to speak in churches outside of our area as well. As always, to check on the upcoming training and speaking schedule Click here.

Next week's preview:
Mother's Day is this weekend, so Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there. I'll be spending the day with my wife and family.
Tuesday, I'll be conducting a special training session at Lindale Assembly that helps to tie the Connections Ministry to their Compassion outreach, which will be taking place on May 18th.
Wednesday, Pastor Jeff and I are planning to get together again to further evaluate his target area.
Looking forward to updating you again next week.

Blessings,
Rev. Teddy Levron

No comments: